Friday, July 3, 2009

Lunch at Hans Cottage Botel...

Hans Cottage Botel is a little place on the road back to Cape Coast from Kakum National Park. They have a resort with a swimming pool and an attractive open air restaurant surrounded by the river which is busy with crocodiles and birds. We stopped for lunch and had a quite a show while we waited for our food.

The trees surrounding the restaurant are alive with these small yellow birds...Oliver says they are weaver birds because of the way they weave their nests...very interesting to watch...I made video but I haven't figured out how to get my video from camera to computer to blog yet...I'll work on it :) This is what a finished nest looks like...

Hard at work...weaving grass for the nest...


This guy is just getting started...
This is a tree full of nests...it was so noisy with birds....
Another interesting bird came by...

Tony was tired from all the driving and caught a quick nap while the food was being prepared...


Crocodile...


HELLO, from Mr Crocodile!





Statues in the resort...
Croc cruising by...

Snoozing Croc...
Our table by the river...

Another croc... A small croc rests on the back of a Croc statue and a lizard is balancing in the mouth of the statue...

Happy that the food has finally arrived!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodi, and Tony and all the 'Sparolets and 'Sparolettas'!),

    I wish I had planned my trip earlier to link up with you guys in Ghana. Haven't seen Tony for decades and I'm dying to meet you and the kids.

    Very entertaining account of your time in Ghana. Really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the memories of places I haven't seen in in a long time. One day Tony and I will get our respective acts together and I shall finally get to meet you.

    Warm regards,

    BOF (Surely Tony has mentioned me?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete