Tuesday, July 14, 2009

National Museum of Ghana

These are a few snaps from the National Museum. As I said before it's located in Central Accra although none of the locals we asked seemed to know where it was. We saw a group of school children there and a few tourists. You can learn a ton there about Ghanian History and the different groups of people that you will find around the country.


There were several stools on display. Queen Mothers usually have a stool in their village that only they are allowed to sit on.


This is a display of some of the old paper currency. We are so thankful that over a year ago they changed to value of the cedi because it is easier for Canadians to figure out the value of what they are buying. A cedi is very close to one Canadian dollar now...I think I new Ghana Cedi is worth 10,000 old Ghana cedis (but don't quote me because I still get confused about when people quote prices in old cedis...and that is very common as folks are getting used the change.) Tony and Charity checking out more stools...




I thought this old drum was interesting because it is so colourful.
These are photos of photos on the wall of the museum...I hope you can see them because we thought they were cool...(double click to make it bigger)



No comments:

Post a Comment